Thursday, February 7, 2013

My favorite maternity shoot yet...

I asked if she'd let me blog her maternity shoot, and she just couldn't resist being the subject of one of my blog posts....Tammie is a friend that I've met through work, but she's just too awesome to not become more than just a work friend. Especially now considering we won't be working at the same place within the next few weeks, we will definitely be keeping in touch.

So as I embarked on her maternity shoot, I had one goal in mind....not to screw it up. She had, after all, not had the best experience with a previous maternity shoot. So I was determined to do my absolute best to have her and her adorable hubby really enjoy the photos I took. Disappointment for someone isn't something I'd like to do. So I set off on a 3-4 hour journey that included so many photos to make sure I had as high quality pictures for her as I could get.


I mean if we're being honest here...it wasn't very hard for me to make sure great photos emerged because she was an awesome subject, doing almost anything that I asked! And she's just too cute!!


The above is my favorite photo. I'm still working on learning photoshop, so this is all done in lightroom, but it was still pretty easy to edit out all the color but the bow. 


That sweater was like a perfect find for the maternity shoot. I swear....fit perfectly, went with her skin tone, and overall just accented that beautiful belly Julia has helped create! 


I can't decide which is better....black and white or...


Color? I love them both equally I think. The sunlight came through that window perfectly! 


I haven't quite mastered the silhouette photo. The above is my trying. Still gotta work on it, but she loved this one just the same. 


Daddy was of course a good subject. He did as he was told. Moved things when he should, and was out of the way most of the time. :-)


Nothing like parent's love. They are such a cute couple. I can't wait to meet little Julia! 


Daddy was super excited that his hands made the heart shadow. I can't lie...I kinda was too. Too too cute!

When asked if she really liked the photos, Tammie said yes. So mission accomplished. Now I wait for little Julia to get here so I can photograph her as well. 


No comments:

Post a Comment