Thursday, January 31, 2013

So as I start my very first post of my very first blog, all I can think to myself is...don't spell anything wrong! I am a stickler when it comes to grammar and spelling. So I will try to remember as the time goes on to not only blog, but blog properly. Maybe, if I'm lucky, some people might even follow me. A girl can dream right??

My blog is labeled "Confessions of an Amateur Photographer" because that's what I am. I have always loved taking photos, and within the last year or so I've been able to take that love and turn it into something a little more for me. I have my hands in many cookies jars, so it's hard for me to concentrate on my photography as much as I'd like, but it's coming to me slowly. Practice, practice, practice.



This first photo collage you see above is a before and an after. It's a little embarassing actually. But everyone has to start somewhere, right? So the very first "people picture" I took was the upper left photo. My niece Kayeleigh Jo. Simple keep peeking around the tree, right? LOL...wrong! I didn't have an autofocus lens at the time. Very difficult when working with a toddler. Same thing with the upper right photo. I love the thought for it, but it wasn't in focus like I wanted. The lower two photos are more recent. I'm gaining experience working with color and my photo editing software. It's been a slow journey, but when I look at things from then till now, I've definitely grown.

So hopefully, you've found enough interest to follow the blog. And maybe you're a photographer yourself, and you'd like to send me some tips or hints. I'm fine with that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment